The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Oh, Man...


Wow. Oof. Wait a sec. Oh, man, I just got the wind knocked outta me. Huff Puff.

Did I get sucker-punched by this lesson! Not much to say, except I have a whole, long ways to go before I get off this page. These lessons will undoubtedly come back to haunt me should I ever seek public office. Well, let's see Karl Rove draw these stinkin' circles!

3 Comments:

At Wed Jun 21, 09:09:00 AM 2006, Blogger Andy Seredy said...

Great stuff man. Your trucking along great. The hanged dog is awesome. That poor vet. He got the needle ready and everything. awesome stuff man.
andy

 
At Wed Jun 21, 09:14:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Andy:

I appreciate your kind words, but, WOWSER, I can't get a handle on this circle-based construction stuff!

But, you know me, I'll plow it into the ground, reach some level of not-quite-there competency and move on.

(Really, I needed a boost - thanks!)

 
At Fri Jun 23, 02:54:00 AM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

I enjoy the joi de vive inherent in your drawings -- a certain kind of elvin mischief and whimsicality -- even when the characters are experiencing their own demise by hanging, or wielding hypodermics full of potassium chloride. "Hey!! No fair!(X3)" Squealed with the ardor of a child who has just realized the exact extent of his patient's duplicity -- I love it!
As for the dogs, really try to loosen up! These are getting better but I'll tell you -- the drawings in the book are about 1,000 times harder (to me anyway) than the ones on the ASIFA blog. I couldn't say why, except that maybe Preston was an older and more advanced cartoonist by the time he did them.(?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home