The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

AM Quickie


Blogger dan left the following comment: "You might want to focus on drawing your lines at the correct angles; I try to do this by looking at the original subject most of the time and only looking down at my drawing to fix proportions and details."

You'd think this was so obvious that it wouldn't bear stating. But the fact of the matter is, I don't spend enough time looking at the image I'm supposed to be working from. Good catch, dan!

I didn't have the opportunity to draw last night, but I did doodle out another pass at the dog construction at breakfast. I spent most of the time looking at the model and not concentrating on making "perfect" ovals, etc. The result? Far from perfect, but the proportions are starting to fall into place. I'll be working on this more tonight.

1 Comments:

At Wed Jun 21, 06:20:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

sourfou - Thanks for dropping by! And all the way from Greece, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home