The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

More Heads, Agnes


I once again had limited drawing time last night, so I concentrated on only one dog-head. Again, I used construction lines to aid the underlying construction shapes. I look forward to working my way through this page in a similar manner.

Also included are a few thumbnail sketches I did this morning before running out the door. The weekend black-out approaches, so I'll be posting more come Monday morning. Have a great weekend, folks!

4 Comments:

At Thu Jun 08, 09:20:00 AM 2006, Blogger Andy Seredy said...

Holy christ, you went detailed! That is the most precise workflow I've seen by anyone else in the course. nice.
They look great too.
andy

 
At Thu Jun 08, 11:37:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Thanks, Andy! Does that mean I can stop now?

I'm practically to the point of using a drafting board and T-Square. Actually, I found one of those Dollar Store rolling rulers in my junk drawer for drawing the parallel guide lines. (I've also measured the dimensions of some of the ovals, as I indicated on today's drawing!)

 
At Fri Jun 09, 06:53:00 PM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

Whatever it takes. If you have to use dynamite, baby vultures and a leopard print brassiere, keep it up, coz it's working! That dog is great!
As to our friend the sailor man, were you celebrating the good news too? Or is it a mere cowoinkydoink?

 
At Fri Jun 09, 09:14:00 PM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

I continued using the rolling ruler this morning, but the results were not as swell, as we'll see come Monday mroning. Dynamite? NOW YOU'RE TALKIN'!


Re: Popeye - 'tis but a kowinkydink! I've doodled the sailorman incessantly ever since I could hold a pencil. But that WHV news release is very good news indeed! (I really liked your tribute!)

Leopard print bra? That's my other blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home