The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Hey Bulldog


I decided to revisit the bulldog head. I drew this one this morning at breakfast time. I saw a drawing on a blog where the guy really nailed that weird "Mack Swain" zone around the eyes and I wanted to try it again. Maybe I'll "loosen up" and give it a few more tries before going onto the squash & stretch page. "No big whoop," as Linda Richman used to say.

2 Comments:

At Tue Jun 06, 02:17:00 PM 2006, Blogger Andy Seredy said...

I know what you mean about the eyes. They are the hardest for me to get right, also. Your's look great though. I think you nailed the dark ring effect around them. Keep em comming.
andy

 
At Wed Jun 07, 07:52:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

I'm still trying to master the size & placement of the eyes.

Something I've been doing is to lightly pencil the whole eyeball & pupil and then draw the eyelid over it. This is my attempt to make sense of the distortions the final eye shape will have when the face is making some sort of expression. A face should generally be doing this, right?

It's nice to hear someone thinks I'm on the right track! Thanks, again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home