The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Head Goes Squash, Head Goes Stretch

Is it a sign of the impending apocalypse? Yes, I've moved on to Lesson Two!


Yes, friends, I've dared to make those two drawings of that dog's head. I noticed Preston used some dashed guidelines in demonstrating this principle, so I used 'em, too! In fact, I also sketched in some perpendiculars to help me keep the construction ovals in check.

I don't want to strain myself with self-administered back-patting, but I feel they turned out pretty good for a first pass. Even with all the rigidity of the guide-lines, I managed to retain some looseness in the final drawings.

And since I got one positive bit of feed back on my ancillary doodling, I've included some more here, The pros call it pandering. I call it, well, pandering as well...

4 Comments:

At Wed Jun 07, 12:17:00 PM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Richard!

Good to see you in these parts!

Thanks for stopping by... don't be a stranger!

 
At Thu Jun 08, 12:36:00 AM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

Aah. You know, it's been a while since I was pandered to. All those cacophonous Tamagatchi Old Navy jingles and shows like Celebrity Homewreckers, or whatever it is, don't really do it for me. But this I'm lovin every bit of. I'm lovin it!
Those finished dogs? Clean up the construction lines and they really look like they could be animated! I've half a mind to do it myself. Really nice work there.
PS Your eyes are getting really good, consarn ya!

 
At Thu Jun 08, 12:42:00 AM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

edit: Tamagatchi??? Strike that.
hahahahahahahaha
..woo.

 
At Thu Jun 08, 06:18:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

On the shores of Tamagatchi, stands the wigwam of Nicole Ritchie...

You kids and your Rubik's Cubes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home