The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

How to draw dog ears...

Fellow blog-art-student bardhol made a nice comment about the ears on some of my dog sketches, so I thought I'd show you how I do 'em. (As if I was in the position to tell anybody how to draw anything!)

I simply rough them in as if they were flat, folded ribbons sprouting from the dog's skull. Then I "round them off" when doing the finishing details. This doesn't work for every possible situation, but it's helped me.

The "perfessor" has spoken! (As you can see, my ol' pal, Satan, the Devilled Egg is unimpressed...)

1 Comments:

At Wed Jun 14, 06:09:00 PM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

So dat's how you deal with ear substance! It never even crossed my mind to do that. Cool, smart, and like I said, it looks to be working a treat!

"How do the eyes fit onto the noggin"? Been wondering that myself. My crack team of scientists is on the case and soon as the results are in I will have a lengthy post on the quandary.
O Yes, some day we will be cartooning he-men and eat lesser talents for breakfast. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home