I spent Memorial Day trying to tame that snarling wolf head. I was only marginally more successful at this than the basset hound. The main culprit was the muzzle and getting a decent, toothy snarl.
Like the problem I had with drawing eyes, I noticed I kept over-inflating the muzzle. Yeah, it resulted in a nice, cartoony-looking character, but I need to get it down like in the book. I feel I made some progress toward that goal, unlike the previous non-Droopy debacle. I'll be revisiting these problem areas.
Cop-out time: I don't feel that I've really "mastered" anything yet. If this were a class with grades, the best I would hope for would be a "C-" for even my "best" efforts. I know I could work at my own pace and not try to move ahead until I've perfected each and every stage, but I do get anxious to move on.
In Buffalo, I learned to "rock" my car back-and-forth in order to get free of the ruts in a snowdrift. It was the only way to do it if I wanted to move forward. That's kind of how I'm approaching these lessons.