The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

More Rice

Another copy from the Katie Rice lesson.

These are quite a bit different from the generic, circle-based cartoon animals at which I've been slogging away. The necks are so spindly, it's easy to make the heads look like novelty pencil toppers! (Collect 'em all!)

Not much to say, other than I'll keep picking away at them over the weekend. I hope!

Any comments?

Otherwise, see youse on Monday!

5 Comments:

At Thu Nov 09, 10:30:00 AM 2006, Blogger heidi said...

nice work, I really liked that sheet with just the lips on it, really helped you get the feel for exaggerating facial features.

 
At Thu Nov 09, 11:12:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by, heidi!

Maybe I'll try that "sheet o' lips" next.

 
At Fri Nov 10, 08:33:00 AM 2006, Blogger DirkStar said...

Didn't I tell you to pretend we didn't know each other?

The corporate death squads are everywhere!

I'm not going out of doors for some time, my blog is now called The Diary of Anne, Dirk...

S-h-h-h-h... I'm leaving now.

Where is the the backdoor here?

 
At Sat Nov 11, 03:41:00 PM 2006, Blogger Andy Seredy said...

Very Nice stuff craig. I think you solidly understand katie heads.
Cheers,
andy

 
At Sat Nov 11, 07:23:00 PM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Wow, thanks, Andy!

I seem to be making them a tad Rubenesque, IMO. I'm really trying to "get" her Lips Theories. I'll have some more to post Monday.

Dirk? I don't know any "Dirk!" And believe me, If I did know such an anti-loyaist, I'd be the first to send him packing to GitMo for some R & R. (Or is it B & D?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home