The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

K-K-K-Katie Lesson - Part One

Well, I've started in on the "Katie Rice" lesson last night. I was expecting much worse. Much, Much Worse!

Looks like it's time to start working more with facial contours and LIPS!

I trod pretty lightly for a change, as, after all, I am but a doughy, middle-aged guy trying to draw like a young, elfin pixie. (Did I mention said pixie is an awesome cartoonist?)

More to come...

EDIT: Here's one of the drawings I was working from. Katie mentioned that she exaggerated the mouth to illustrate how it sticks out from the head construction lines. Ouch! I guess this is why I haven't been posting the original examples along side my versions.

Note to self: Try to put some of this energy into your drawings, bwah!

4 Comments:

At Wed Nov 08, 06:32:00 PM 2006, Blogger G.A.D. said...

Lips can be real tough! Whenever I draw cartoony girls I always simplify the lips, but it still takes me a while to get it right.I think that one head head with the neck might be too squished though. Your doing fine!

 
At Thu Nov 09, 09:20:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Thanks, Gabe.

There was just enough self-satisfaction to make me want to come back for more.

I went back and posted the head I was trying to copy.

(((SHUDDERS!)))

Later!

 
At Mon Nov 13, 02:14:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the editor of the Anne Dirk diaries it is my sad duty to inform you of the tragedy that befell Anne and her family. Tonight’s posting will be among the most painful duties I’ve ever had to perform...

Although Anne has passed on to a better place, her diary will live on as a testament of undying faith.

Amidst the horrors of war this young girl’s unwavering belief in the goodness of man and his ability to persevere in the face of unfathomable horror is an inspiration to us all.

As long as these diaries continue to be passed from generation to generation, Anne’s vision will be a lantern, lighting the way to a better future for us all...

 
At Mon Nov 13, 07:28:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Thanks, Dirk! I hereby dedicate these cartooning lessons to her memory.

(Folks, be sure to check out Dirk_star's blog for more on this tragic story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home