The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Concentrate!

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but my posts have been getting progressively, oh, I don't know, sloppier?

When I started out blogging these lessons six months ago, I could count on my two-and-a-half year old daughter to take a nap every afternoon. And then in the evening, I'd have some additional time while Mommy put her to bed.

Well, the li'l darling is now almost three and the afternoon nap is a thing of the past. The evenings are not as free as they used to be and by the time it's Snookums' bed-time, Daddy is pretty well drained.

As a result, I can't seem to muster the energy and concentration needed to draw.

I'm not yet ready to throw in the towel, since I really like working on this project. I'll keep drawing and I'll keep posting. If things look kinda shaky, well, do not adjust your set. The problem's on this end.

With any luck I'll be able to start on the dreaded "Katie Rice" Lesson six very soon.

Watch this space...

2 Comments:

At Wed Nov 08, 06:45:00 AM 2006, Blogger G.A.D. said...

Yea, I hate drawing at night too. I used to be able to do it but now I just get so darned tired.

Im saving lesson 6 for last since I hear so many people saying its so hard. But try not to approach it as hard. I always hear people sayings its tough to draw Mickey Mouse, they approach him as "hard". I approach Mickey as "simple" so they come out decent. Good luck!

 
At Wed Nov 08, 07:17:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Thanks, Gabe!

See above for my first Katie lesson attempts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home