The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Extension Lines


klangley & bardhol mentioned extension lines in the comment section. Here, I have illustrated how I have been using extension lines in trying to tackle various characters. They're bothersome and they don't guarantee 100% pleasing results, but it helps me on an initial attempt. In short, it's not a tool to use for every drawing! Take a look.

As you can see I'm still working on the basics and trying to get comfortable with the concept of "bunny ears!"

Thanks or the comments & hints, BTW! Keep scribblin'...

2 Comments:

At Wed May 24, 01:14:00 PM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

O-oooh yeah, ok. I have done this. It was helpful in its own limited little application. Your rabbits are getting better, I must say. The one on the left is especially well-crafted, ears and all!

 
At Thu May 25, 01:31:00 PM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Hey, bardhol:

Thanks for the "ups!"

I, too, felt that one rabbit head turned out nicely. I'll have to build on that.

"Practice!" said the Cactus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home