The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Viva Willie!

In outlining the first-year courses for his ideal animation school, John Kricfalusi made the following statement:

We will learn classic cartoon construction in the same order that classic cartoonists learned it, starting with rubber hose construction and working our way towards sphere and pear construction.


To illustrate the "rubber hose" concept, he used a model sheet from the Ub Iwerks cartoon "Viva Willie."


Click!

That's what I need to do!

Get back to basics.

Look at these characters, they're friggin' circles, ovals and jelly bean shapes! So...

Let's see what I can do with this...

3 Comments:

At Wed Sep 19, 05:41:00 PM 2007, Blogger Kevin Langley said...

Nice, that's what I'm talking about.

 
At Wed Sep 19, 10:30:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I'm so glad to see that you are not giving up! You have talent Craig and if this brings you joy then it's all the better. :-)

 
At Thu Sep 20, 06:09:00 AM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

Thanks, guys.

Looks like I'm going to be busy, busy, busy during the next week or ten days. I only hope I can create some momentum here.

This might well turn out to be a bonanza for your Father-Daughter Doodles fans, though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home