The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, September 17, 2007

More Mr. Puppy Puppet?

Man, this is getting embarrassing!

I had such high hopes for this blog, but perhaps its time has passed?

Even my Father-Daughter doodles are suffering these days.

Here are a few "Mr. Puppy Puppet" drawings I did for the young 'un and I feel they represent some sort of low water mark in my cartooning travails. It's been about a year and a half since I started this blog and the past nine months or so have seen regression , rather than progress.

Oh, I had hoped that maybe if I just kept trying to doodle something, anything, I could at least create a "place holder" but, ye cats, it has come down to this!

I don't know. I just don't know...

5 Comments:

At Mon Sep 17, 08:46:00 AM 2007, Blogger Lee said...

Craig, I give you credit that you're still at it! That's something!

 
At Mon Sep 17, 08:14:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF YOU'RE NOT ENJOYING IT, DO WHAT YOU WANT, HOWEVER, I ENJOY YOUR BLOG AND MAN O MAN, YOU CAN DRAW (AND REMEMBER, SEVERAL LIVES AGO, I WAS AN ART TEACHER)

 
At Mon Sep 17, 09:16:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Don't give up now, unless you find that you are not enjoying it.

 
At Tue Sep 18, 11:12:00 PM 2007, Blogger Kevin Langley said...

I have to agree, if you enjoy it why stop. I love stopping by here and checking out you progress and those father/daughter drawings. Are you only working from the Blair book? What about more "artsy" books. Nicolaides "Natural Way To Draw" or "Drawing On the Right Side of The Brain"? Stuff like that. I think you're great at those black and white characters like Oswald and Popeye.

 
At Wed Sep 19, 06:38:00 AM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

kevin: Funny you should mention those black & white characters! See my next post.

Yeah, I guess I'll keep it up for my own enjoyment, if nothing else! That's pretty much been my rationale for the whole thing, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home