The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Mister Puppy's Playhouse

This week, Mariel has been deeply into the concept of a puppet show called, "Mister Puppy's Playhouse." The show stars one Mister Puppy who was formerly a doll with a computerized device inside of it that made it writhe and sing a Christmas song. When the computerized whatziz fell out, I stuck my hand inside of the corpse and turned it into a puppet! (Note: I got the dog's ears wrong in this drawing!)


In addition to Mister Puppy, the li'l one is also on a Betty Boop and Pudgy kick. (Pudgy is Betty's puppy!) Hence some quick father-daughter doodles:

Finally, we have a bizzaro-looking Betty Boop watercolor attempt. It may well be a copyright infringement on the "Ugly Betty" TV show. Well, it's implied, any way...

4 Comments:

At Tue Sep 04, 09:09:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

So have you pitched the show to any networks?

 
At Wed Sep 05, 03:09:00 PM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

whim: Yes and they pitched it right back at me!

I was so unhappy with that Betty Boop watercolor that I went back and cropped off the horrific body I had attached to that big balloon head.

I have to remember to use things like "Line of Action" and proper construction principles.

{{{{shudders!}}}}

 
At Wed Sep 05, 10:00:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I think you did a great job with her head. You are too hard on yourself anyway.

 
At Tue Sep 25, 05:39:00 PM 2007, Blogger Shawn Escott said...

HAHA! She does look my daughter! :) Great drawings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home