The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What's Up, "Doc?"

Roland "Doc" Crandall, that is! In honor of not scoring that Popeye DVD box set last night, I pulled out my copy of Leslie Carbaga's "The Fleischer Story" and tried copying a pose from the first-ever Popeye model sheet.

It's a very strange "balloon" construction, as seen on the left. Using these ovals, I then worked at drawing a finished figure, on the right.

My little daughter's "My Little Pony" fixation continues! We did a brief water color session last night, so I did this weird pony for her. Looks like a development sketch from the new John Water's My Little Pony cartoon show!

3 Comments:

At Wed Aug 01, 06:25:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lee said...

Lovin' the balloon construction!!

You're daughter is so lucky to have a papa who can draw for her!

 
At Thu Aug 02, 06:14:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lavalle Lee said...

popeye is the man

 
At Mon Aug 06, 01:13:00 AM 2007, Blogger bardhol said...

tanks forda nizee commints Kregg. Can't believe you still check up :)
Hello Popeye: hilarious- and there is that scary puppet boy again. But the Model Sheet Popeye is looking very pro. i hope you can claim to have possession of the dvd(s) by now. 's outstanding!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home