The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Daughter-Father Doodles

Ye cats, but this blog has turned into an on-line, virtual refrigerator door! And to prove my point, I give you:

Yessss! My three and a half year old daughter has created her first cartoon character! Let's give it up for Balloon Guy! I didn't even see her do this, it just sort of appeared on a piece of paper at the kitchen table. Looks like Mariel has been pulling some all-night storyboarding sessions. Off the books and for no extra pay, natch!

Here are a few of her old man's doodles, done for the Li'l Princess' amusement:
Yeah, we just got the new Woody Woodpecker DVD set (thanks to cartoonbrew.com) and Mariel's is completely addicted to the "Spook-A-Nanny" TV episode. That, and "Andy Panda playing the piano!"

She's on a collision course with an advanced case of "cartoon poisoning!"

4 Comments:

At Tue Aug 14, 02:18:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

She is getting very good! The Daddy Daughter doodles are really my favorite posts on here.

BTW, there is no such thing as cartoon poisoning! Cartoons are good for you.

 
At Tue Aug 14, 02:36:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lee said...

I'm very impressed that she's doing faces at this young age!

(And your work impresses me too!)

 
At Tue Aug 14, 07:17:00 PM 2007, Blogger Kasey said...

I must say, you draw Woody better then I could ever do. I'm only good at drawing characters I created.(Kasey Kockroach, Slam Wallaby,Earl Buzzard)

 
At Fri Aug 17, 09:05:00 PM 2007, Blogger Toby Roan said...

Hers are more "real" than Presley's are at that age. She once gave me a page full of one large scribble. When I asked her what it was, she said "Mickey Mouse and Bob Dylan."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home