The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Puppets, Puppies & Veggies

Well, the daughter has been into Puppies, Puppets and Veggie-Tales this past weekend, so that had been the theme to our "art projects."

At left, is a sketch of one of her "Puppy In My Pocket" figures.

Cute. Three dreaded words on the packaging: "Collect Them All!"


Above, we find a watercolor rendering of her "Vincent Van Goat" puppet, from the "Baby Einstein Collection." Oh, yeah, "Collect Them All!" Except they seem to have disappeared from the stores' shelves!

And Here's another "Baby Einstein" puppet: "Bard, The Dragon!" Also, a crappy "Larry The Cucumber" from Veggie-Tales.

Meh. I guess this counts as statutory "fresh content" for my blog. So sue me, already! (Oh, no! Does that count as a "flippant remark" I wonder?)
Other business: I've removed the link to the Animationshow forum from my sidebar. This is a very good animation forum that, unfortunately, from time to time, gets hi-jacked by a couple of very rude trolls. So, rather than be tempted to click the link when I'm at my blog, I've removed it. I'll probably re-instate it some day soon, though. In the mean time, I've substituted the animated-news forum. Let's see what this group of cartoon nerds is like!

5 Comments:

At Mon Aug 20, 10:15:00 AM 2007, Blogger Lee said...

Lucky so far, in that we've not yet been required to "collect them all" for anything yet. I'm sure our time will come soon enough though.

If M still likes Hello Kitty, you should show her these:
http://leesvoice.blogspot.com/2007/08/hello-kitty.html

 
At Mon Aug 20, 12:43:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

So is "collect them all" as bad as "some assembly required"?

I like the Larry. Nice job!

 
At Wed Aug 22, 07:13:00 PM 2007, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your nice comment on the Asifa Archive blog.

I just sent you an e-mail to your cpalmerd (at) hotmail (dot) com account. Did you get it?

 
At Thu Aug 23, 06:10:00 AM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

Marc: Yes I did!

 
At Fri Aug 24, 04:38:00 AM 2007, Blogger ZSL said...

Veggie-Tales never seem to run out of catchy songs do they? Good ol Larry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home