The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Weekend Doodles

Well, Mariel finally got over her head cold (with a spectacular era-ache finish, I might add!)

With three consecutive Father-Daughter Days, there was not much room for any serious Blair work. I decided to doodle out some full figure sketches, instead of the disconnected floating heads that I tend to do.

The Little Puppet Boy is still a big hit in these here parts, so I tried doing some poses of him. They turned out very bad, in my opinion. I mean, what's with that ice cream cone pose? Where are the basic underlying shapes that form the body? (I did try to work on having a line of action and a silhouette, but geeze!)
Sunday, after church, we ran to the hated Mart of Wal for a few grocery items. Underneath a giant Crayola placard, they had boxes of crayons on sale. Twenty-four packs were going for twenty cents a pop. Mariel wouldn't stop obsessing about them, so being the indulgent Mr. Moneybags that I am, I caved in and bought her a box.

I tell you this in an effort to explain the following:
New Crayons = My Little Pony Drawing

5 Comments:

At Tue Jul 17, 05:32:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your little one is all healthy!

I'm curious as to the definition of "Father-Daughter days" -- are they the whole day and night with no respite?

Mmmm... there's nothing like a brand new box of 24 different colours ....

 
At Wed Jul 18, 06:40:00 AM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

Well, Daddy works four, 10-hour days M-Th. Mommy works a 12 hour shift every Friday and on alternate weekends she works 8 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday. The days that Mommy works are "Father-Daughter Days!"

It's kinda like "sharing custody" without the messiness of a divorce...

 
At Wed Jul 18, 04:50:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! So that's the secret to a successful marriage!

 
At Thu Jul 19, 06:00:00 AM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

Oh, yes! I find that not getting divorced generally leads to a long marriage!

 
At Mon Jul 23, 06:32:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You won't find that advice in a woman's magazine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home