The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Vacation Pictures

Here are some father-daughter doodles from last week's vacation.

Notice the word balloon? Yep! Mariel came down with a big, old sinus infection on Sunday night (07/01). We had to cancel the modest plans we had made, so we spent the week at home with a sick/cranky 3-1/2 year old. Ah, bliss!


Mariel has developed a love for DROOPY cartoons! She really was into "Homesteader Droopy" which she calls "Baby Droopy." When she was crying because of her cold, six or so consecutive plays of "Baby Droopy" dried her tears. God bless you, Tex Avery!

She also likes "Dixieland Droopy" (which she calls "Disneyland Droopy"), "Three Little Pups", "Blackboard Jumble" and "Sheepherder Droopy."


The Li'l One is also into the "My Little Pony" thang. We bought her a pretty hefty pony coloring book. I created my own pony, "Poisonella!"



And, just to round things out, here is a page full of doodles featuring desecrated versions of famous and not-so-famous cartoon characters.

How many can you name?

7 Comments:

At Mon Jul 09, 01:35:00 PM 2007, Blogger furiousBall said...

I can't name many, but this is so cool. I love seeing the stuff dads and kids do. That's really sweet. You are both talented.

 
At Mon Jul 09, 03:38:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to learn your little one wasn't healthy. That's a whole lot of no fun for everyone involved! (Udderly impressed to see you back at the hands!)

I spy: Tweety, Charlie Brown, your L'il One, Betty Boop, Droopy, Popeye, you, one of the Thomas gang and perhaps a Rolie Polie Olie?

 
At Tue Jul 10, 01:47:00 PM 2007, Blogger Evalinn said...

Nice blog u've got over here!

 
At Wed Jul 11, 10:22:00 PM 2007, Blogger Kevin Langley said...

Fun Droopy's and nice Popeye heads. I can't draw Popeye for the life of me. Is that Bertie the Bus I see? I can' tell you how many times my boys made/make me draw Thomas and friends. UGHH!

 
At Fri Jul 13, 08:35:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I'm glad to see that you are still at it, even while on vacation.

 
At Mon Jul 16, 02:59:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

Wow!!! That's awesome! I wish I could draw, but no... My daughter can, though. I do other crazy things with my kids but drawing isn't one of them. I, however, have been asked (told) to pose by my daughter so she could draw me. Does that count?

 
At Tue Aug 14, 07:20:00 PM 2007, Blogger Kasey said...

DO I SEE THOMAS!!!??? YAY!!! I love the early Thomas stories. I have a collection of those old toy trains they used to sell.
Don't tell anyone what I just said....;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home