The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Retrograde Orbit

I actually brought my Preston Blair book out of its "undisclosed location" this past weekend! I took a few rough passes at a character construction and then started doodling. That guy with the limp-noodle head is my pal, Bernie.




I also doodled a few different expressions using my favorite cartoon character:





Finally, let's give it up for our special guest, fellow-blogger bardhol! He sent me this inspired "artists' jam" along with a couple of DVDs.


A fitting tribute to the passing of The Godfather of Soul, don't you think?

3 Comments:

At Mon Jan 29, 03:33:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Great expressions! I really like the dastardly looking Moustache Man.

 
At Wed Jan 31, 07:21:00 AM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

Thanks, w. That "dastardly guy" is a n attempt to draw a real person from memory. It dosen't look like him, but that's a pretty accurate rendition of his scowl. Heh. Heh.

 
At Wed Jan 31, 11:27:00 PM 2007, Blogger Kevin Langley said...

Haha, Bernie Limp-noodle is great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home