The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Just Call Me "Rusty!"

...and not because I have red hair, either! My lay-off and non-application of cartooning principles has resulted in some really tough sledding for yours truly! I decided to grab a Disney art book and work on some full-figure thumbnails to try to re-sharpen my dulled skills (such as they were!)


I need to remember things like Line Of Action, Interesting Silhouettes, and most of all, et cetera! I'll keep working at this for the next little while and then try to get back on track with the actual lessons at hand.

Now, for those who crave more Father-Daughter doodles, I give you...


SUPER EXTRA-SPECIAL BONUS!

I found a drawing I must've done in 1964 (I'm guessing) that my dear Auntie Lo had saved and subsequently gave to me in the 1990s. Funny thing is, I was such a Popeye-head I never really tried drawing Disney characters that much. She and Uncle Bill must've "coached" me here. Well, Enjoy!

(Mickey looks like he's passing a kidney stone, don't you think?)

4 Comments:

At Wed Dec 27, 10:04:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!

 
At Wed Dec 27, 11:48:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Donald looks great. The expression is perfect. Keep 'em coming.

 
At Thu Dec 28, 11:18:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Ha ha! Kevin, for a moment I forgot that there were two drawings of Donald here and thought you were praising my 1964 effort. (Or were you?)

And thanks for the continued encoragement, w!

 
At Wed Jan 03, 06:33:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Scrood the Pooch??? Whatever it is, it looks great. So does that other dog, and the Pooh, and, well, everything! Don't like to see those scribbles through them, though. Or, wait.. did your daughter do those? Forgive my brashness--- my but they are lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home