The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Mickey #4

Here's what I'm calling Mickey #4.

There's a little too much negative space, as indicated, but I feel it's an improvement over the too little space shown in my previous attempt.

Of course, the hand is still problematic. That'll be a whole 'nother lessons for me!

Something I did was scribble out a page of Mickeys over the past week or so. These were done without much thought or reference to the model sheet. Perhaps I was trying to get rid of all my bad Mickeys on one sheet of paper. I dunno. It was probably more of a hindrance than help. But the damage has been done and I'm here to share it with you, the blog-reading public!



Also, my daughter made two requests:

#1 - Draw Pokey!

#2 - Draw a balloon with the number "50" on it.

So I did!


TECHIE NOTE: I switched over to the "NEW" blogger this weekend. The result? The identities of all the nice folks who left comments since last Spring have been wiped out! WHY? WHO KNOWS? Sorry 'bout that.

4 Comments:

At Mon Jan 15, 10:22:00 AM 2007, Blogger Kevin Langley said...

Nice improvements Craig, that Mickey looks real good.

 
At Mon Jan 15, 10:44:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

You are way to hard on yourself. You keep getting better so keep it up! I like your Pokey.

 
At Tue Jan 16, 11:24:00 AM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

Kevin: Thanks! I think this is what they call "bracketing." Maybe the next couple will be on-the-money.

whimsical: YOU LIKE MY POKEY?!?! (blush!)

 
At Tue Jan 16, 02:38:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

LOL! Yes, it's a very nice Pokey even if it is a little small.
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home