The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Quickie For Gabe

Just a suggestion of some things my fellow-blogger Gabe could try with a cartoon idea he posted.

  • I moved the window up and repositioned the father-son grouping.
  • I added a black "floor" and a corner to the room.
  • I spotted a few more blacks and put the caption in a word balloon.

It looks a little "stodgy" to me, but maybe it'll spark a good idea or two.

For what it's worth...

6 Comments:

At Wed Jan 31, 04:37:00 PM 2007, Blogger G.A.D. said...

Thanks Craig, Thats awfully nice of you! But I don't think that moving up the window so high is a very good idea because I was trying to show that the Werewolf is big and now the dad cant even reach the window BUT that high window does make it look more dramatic. Maybe I should have used like a circular window that you'd probably see in an atic. I like the corner idea, it frames the action better but the black floor is too strong in my opinoin. I shoud have blacked in more stuff though like you have but originally I was gonna write "#1 Dad" on the shirt and I was giving the wolf Milt Gross pupils. but thanks anyway!

 
At Wed Jan 31, 05:03:00 PM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

Um... well then how about this?

It'd twice as funny if there were two warewolves! Or maybe two Dads? That way the other one could have a "#2 Dad" t-shirt.

And maybe work Garfield in there somehow..?

OK, I got nothing!

 
At Wed Jan 31, 11:17:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Shhhh! Don't tell him but I like yours a little better. It has more depth and texture visually.

 
At Fri Feb 02, 09:25:00 PM 2007, Blogger SignGurl said...

Craig, you are so talented!

 
At Sat Feb 03, 04:15:00 PM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

w: Let's see what Gabe comes up with. He's not satisfied with his "first draft" and was soliciting suggestions.

signgurl! Thanks for the kind words and thanks for checking in!

 
At Sun Feb 04, 11:21:00 PM 2007, Blogger Kevin Langley said...

Happy Birthday Craig!! I say the thread over at GAC. Hope you had a great day.

BTW, I like the way you spotted the blacks on Gabe's drawing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home