The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Skeleton Foundation #2

I added more sketches to the sheet I started on the 27th...



I made the choice to work bigger, so the mouse is drawn about twice the size of the example in the book. This helped, though I notice I need to loosen up a bit. I also didn't nail the face to my satisfaction.

I took a stab at drawing the "dodge ball" version of the cat...



This is a pretty wacky pose with lots of overlapping limbs and such. I made the cat's torso too doughy, so the silhouette was compromised. I'll work on it some more. There are other random skeletal poses in the book I'll be working on, also. More on that, later.

Hope everyone had a decent weekend!

3 Comments:

At Tue Aug 01, 09:11:00 AM 2006, Blogger Andy Seredy said...

Awesome stuff man.
Your so far ahead I cant even tell what lesson your on. The skeleton foundation drawing are pimp. Most impressive.
andy

 
At Tue Aug 01, 10:35:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Hiya, Andy! Good to hear from you! Pimp is good, right?

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what lesson I'm on; I've just been following the book. This looks to be a prelude to the "Line-Of-Action" lesson (#5). But this skips a couple of other things, as laid out by John K. The book, itself, is kinda funny which is something I'll be mentioning soon in the blog, proper.

Hope you're still drawing! Thanks for checkin' in!

 
At Thu Aug 03, 02:08:00 PM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

Yea, I hated when the other team ripped our skins off and used them for shirts.
That pig, if you don't mind me saying so, is pimpalicious and by that I mean great. He looks like a Brian Froud design for the goblins of Labyrinth. Repugnant, yet endearing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home