The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Negative Space - Positive Results

I did another tracing to highlight and study the negative spaces created by the position of the legs and feet:




Somehow I managed to create an extra negative space, as indicated! How'd I do that? On the other hand (or paw?) this is the best I've felt about one of my "Beachy" dog drawings. This deserves further study, says I...

1 Comments:

At Thu Aug 03, 02:02:00 PM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

"Where'd that come from?"
Well you see my lad, at the moment of this pup's conception, a reproductive cell containing a Y chromosome....
What's that? Oh! The shading..
I see.
Well. Hm.
Yes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home