The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Doggin' It

I took some more passes at that "sneaking dog" pose this weekend. I haven't mastered it, but I think I'll move on and come back to it. You'll notice that I actually put some finishing details on one of them, just to see what it would look like. It's fun to draw actual characters once in a while.




Hmmm... Just to remind myself, this is all supposed to be leading up to animating, right? Wheeeeew!

2 Comments:

At Tue Jul 18, 02:27:00 AM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

Wowee! Are these coming more easily for you than before? They look to be. That Pooh especially is very well done. Not only does he evoke a maximum comic response (MCR) but as a character you can really tell he's just let himself go, along with his moral values. The look of innocent betrayal, indeed of "outrage" on his face is priceless! Yes sir, I have the feeling we'll be animating before too long. Can't wait!

 
At Tue Jul 18, 06:37:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Yeah, I'm crankin' some of this stuff out more easily. Then I'll run up against a pose like the dog in question here and I'll spin my wheels for a week or so.

The li'l one was on a Winne the Pooh kick this past week, hence Daddy drawing WTP. I chuckled at the idea of a crime boss named Winne "The Pooh" Gaimbisi and the drawing materialized. This is because I am so witty and talented, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home