The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Skeleton Foundation #1


Well, here's my first attempt at using a skeleton foundation (i.e. stick figure) to draw a character. A couple things occur to me:

1. I may have to work in a larger scale. 1-1/2" is OK for drawing a cartoon dog's head, but it pretty tough to cram a detailed character drawing to that space.

2. I have to be careful not to put too much meat on the pipe-cleaner construction.

Let's see what comes of it.

Note: I've added a link to fellow-blogger-student "louisa" and her "Exercises in Futility" blog. Welcome to the fold, Louisa!

1 Comments:

At Fri Jul 28, 08:10:00 PM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Hiya, Laura!

I've tried working about 2x the size of some of the smaller examples and it has helped. I'll post the results Monday morning.

When I was a kid, I thought cartoons were drawn the size they appeared in the comics section of the newspaper, so that's the scale I drew in all through my (mal)formative years. Of course, the comics have only shruken even more since then! You practically need a jeweler's loupe to read 'em these days...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home