The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

That's A Nasty Dog Leg



To quote my fellow blogger, bardhol, "Oh, the stink of it!"

I wish I could say I drew this stuff with my non-dominant hand whilst riding The Wild Mouse, but sadly, no, that was not the case! Can you guess what I'll be obsessing about this weekend?

Here's a tracing of what I'm trying to accomplish. It doesn't look that nasty, but it is. It is!

SIDE NOTE: Hey, where have all my bloggin' buddies gone? We all must be taking vacations around the same time. I hope everyone's doing OK!

See you all on Monday!

2 Comments:

At Sat Jul 15, 03:41:00 AM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

And I was quoting the Tick!
H'lo, Craig, I've been on vacation too.
I like the progress I'm seeing. I like the way your lines are smoothing out and the way the construction on these new dogs is becoming quite good. The face that egg is making also tickles me within inches of my life. I also think that "Tex Avery" page is fantastic!
Onward and upward, chum!

 
At Mon Jul 17, 10:00:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Ah, yes "The Tick!" I bought a bunch of the comic books when they first came out and saw a couple of the FOX tv shows. I didn't recognize the quote, though. Great stuff! And funny, too.

Good to see you're keeping at it, even if the Blair Book is on hiatus. When do we start actually making cartoons, that's what I want to know...

Later, man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home