The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Y'See What Happens...

...When I don't concentrate?


I took a stab at copying a still frame from the Tex Avery cartoon classic, "King Size Canary." I figured I'd try a thumbnail sketch while "watching" my daughter on Friday. The results? Eeeew! Well, there's certainly plenty of room for improvement!

As noted, the line of action on the cat was bad to the point of non-existent. I drew a really quick doodle with a stronger L.O.A. next to it. Not good, but it'll be something to build on.

And, because there's a segment of my blog audience that seems to enjoy them, here's another sheet of Father-Daughter doodles:



More to come...

3 Comments:

At Mon Dec 18, 03:58:00 PM 2006, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I think the key thing you should keep in mind is that it was a thumbnail sketch. I loved the Daddy Daugher pics. You make a great cartoon Santa.

 
At Mon Dec 18, 04:56:00 PM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

As always, I appreciate your encouragement!

I'm a bit rusty after my extended lay-off, so I'm reminding myself, here, that I need to use the cartooning principles I've already covered. Also, I seem to need to concentrate on what I'm trying to make my pencil do. Dividing my attention between it and my daughter is a problem.

If you want to see some simply dandy thumbnails check out THIS blog entry by cartoon bigshot, Eddie Fitzgerald!

 
At Mon Dec 18, 11:34:00 PM 2006, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

That's some pretty cool stuff but honestly I like your style better. He may have the technique down pat but I think that once you feel comfortable with yours it'll be better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home