The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Meet Jon Gnagy



Yep, this beatnik-looking guy is "America's TV Art Instructor, Jon Gnagy!"

Here is the forward from his art instruction book I mentioned yesterday:



Well, I feel inspired! Don't You?

UPDATE! You can still buy JON GNAGY ART KITS!!! (Now, if only I had some idea of how to pronounce his last name...)

4 Comments:

At Tue Dec 12, 02:40:00 PM 2006, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

He's right, anyone can draw. There is a great book that I like to recommend to people who want to draw and think they can't. It's called Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards. You can get a book or a workbook. I got the latter to brush up on my skills when I felt that they needed work. It helped a lot. Check it out.

 
At Tue Dec 12, 02:45:00 PM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Oh, yeah! I bought that one, too!

There was also another one by someone named Nicolades, or something like that.

(I've been having trouble leaving comments today for swome reason. Wonder why?)

 
At Tue Dec 12, 03:04:00 PM 2006, Blogger G.A.D. said...

"It's called Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards."

Yea, I have that book as well. I've done some of the excerises in it already. Some out real good or real bad. I'd post the drawings but my blog is called "Gabe's CARTOONING Blog". I plan to change the name though since I never liked the name. Im gonna do a lot of stuff for when I make my final post for these lessons.

 
At Tue Dec 12, 04:47:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspired to draw, and scared that he might learn where I live, come to my place and eat my torso. ;)

Steve~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home