The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Skunked Again!

Well, as you can see, yet another weekend has come and gone without my doing any drawings for this blog. Maybe I should just be realistic and throw in the towel until after this blessed holiday season has passed?

My oldest pal, Bill, sent me a "Learn To Draw With Jon Gnagy" art kit. So maybe I'll share some of this info here until I can reclaim the kitchen table.

Let's see what happens, shall we?

3 Comments:

At Mon Dec 11, 04:21:00 PM 2006, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Ok, you can take a break for the holidays but I won't let you give up completely. If I don't start seeing posts again in January there'll be hell to pay. Ok no hell, I'll just bug you a lot.

 
At Mon Dec 11, 09:49:00 PM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Thanks for the motivation, w!

I don't want to give up on this project. There was an initial groundswell of folks that started out doing these drawing lessons in the Spring. As might be expected, some folks did one excercize and then dropped out, never to make a second blog entry. Others continued on and finished the 8 posted lessons - how I envy them!

I have been slowly plugging away. It's been fun. It's been frustrating.

If you haven't checked out the John K blog link, you should. This is the guy who created Ren & Stimpy and his study and observation of animated carytoons goes down to the molecular level! He's been looking at color design and cartoon backgrounds lately. This stuff that is so far advanced that all I can do is read it and rub my achin' head!

Likewise, there are links to a few of my fellow cartoon bloggers. We're all different ages and at different levels of competence.

In no way do I think my stuff is "totally bitchen" but I've enjoyed seeing my doodles improve over the course of these many months. There is so much more I want to develop. I still can't draw a decent full-character pose, for instance.

But, by golly, once I can get my time and concentration back, I'll be back at it!

 
At Tue Dec 12, 12:54:00 AM 2006, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Good 'cause I'd hate to have to get all mean on you. I'll have to check out those links. Thanks for the heads up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home