The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Line of Action Plus Other Planes

I was once again staring at that Goose/Duck page in the Preston Blair book whilst choking down my burnt bagel this morning and I had a flash of... of... I dunno, something. I scribbled out the following page to try to formulate whatever it was:



Yes, the s-curve defines the character's line of action, but once again, it was throwing me off. Then it hit me that the legs and feet help to solidly anchor the character to the ground and should be part of it. They add extra planes and angles to the character that I was missing. I called this jagged thingy the "line of tilt!"

I can't wait to actually have some time to try some actual, thought-out sketches using this supplemental idea. Most likely another dead end, but who knows..?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home