The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

How Best To Stuff A Goose?


I'm really trying to get to the core of this goose (duck?) character. It seems like something I should be able to do. I'm not really happy with the results so far. The body shapes are really labored and look very non-dimensional. I also took a swipe at drawing some details, i.e. the hat and bow-tie. Hmmm.

Just to show you the depths of my mania, here's a doodle I did in the corner of my church bulletin during the Children's Message on Sunday.

Maybe prayer is the key? (Or maybe I should just pay attention in church..?)

2 Comments:

At Tue Sep 26, 08:34:00 PM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

That's a really decent face! Very smooth. Preston's steps never jibe with one another. That's part of the reason I stopped being so whackadoodie about getting every line to match up with his. As long as your construction is good, you're golden. And you do look like you're improving with these geese. Keep it up!

 
At Wed Sep 27, 08:05:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Thanks, Holmes! I'm having fun drawing faces lately. Now, if I can just hitch them up to some body constructions that don't look like mutant potatoes, I will, indeed, "be golden!" (As in "the goose that laid the golden potato.")

Thinking of silhouettes, your new avatar is a delight! Truly a "swingin' couple."

OW! OW! O-O-O-W-W-W! Rip Taylor just came by and punched me in the nose. What was that all about?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home