The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Trace Ballyhoo



I decided to try an old trick here. I traced the L.O.A. and silhouette of the character to get a better feel for the shape and inherent negative spaces. Next, I did a sausage construction of the basic shapes. Then, I tried free-handing a construction based on the previous two steps. I had to abort the mission due to an error in the trajectory, but maybe, just maybe, we've all learned something here today.

So be sure to send twenty-five cents, in coin, no stamps, please, to WHAT I LEARNED TODAY, Box 100, Dept. LOSER, Battlecreek, 17, Michigan. Offer expires April 1, 1965. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age, or older, to enter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home