The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Bare Bones Experiment Pt. 2


Well, here are the poses I drew, based on the Lines of Action. I meant to have a real "Tom" pose for the final one, but I'm having trouble getting the skeleton just "right." I think I'll grab my wife's "Jane West" and see if I can pose it the way I have in mind. That might help. (Yeah, right!)

Hope you all had fun this past weekend...

2 Comments:

At Mon Sep 11, 10:58:00 AM 2006, Blogger Andy Seredy said...

Hey craig, been a while. Great stuff as per usual. Tom with the bowling ball is very nice. I get a strong sence of weight.
andy

 
At Mon Sep 11, 02:07:00 PM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Andy! Thanks for the comments - it's always great to see you 'round these parts. How're things going on your end?

The one pose of the cat holding the ball behind his head bothers me. It looks all "float-y" and weightless. Mind you, I'm not 100% pleased with any of these poses, but I do like tinkering with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home