The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, August 28, 2006

More Line Of Action Misery


Gosh, I dunno. Maybe I should hang it up. This Line Of Action (LOA) has me stymied.

As mentioned previously, I don't really "get it." For instance, there's a drawing of a cat just standing there, doing nothing and there's a LOA indicated. Concentrating on this #@%&# line has somehow completely neutralized my tenuous ability to draw. Arrgh.

Any hints, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated...

2 Comments:

At Mon Aug 28, 04:49:00 PM 2006, Blogger G.A.D. said...

The LOA establishes the stance, attiude and pose of the drawing. The LOA for the cat doing nothing establishes his expression, dont look at his face and you can kinda tell what he's feeling. His body has that expression since his belly is sticking out and his shoulders are high and back without the LOA we get a boring stiff pose.

 
At Tue Aug 29, 08:27:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Gabe: Thanks for the explanation. I'm going to eschew the whole "Action means Action" concept and purposely work on the shrugging cat pose. As you can see, my attempts have, in deed, been "boring and stiff!" Let's see what happens...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home