The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

'Nother Cat Drawing

OK, here's the deal. I'm concentrating on the Line of Action and how it defines a character's pose. This is a quickie I did wherein I drew the LOA and then sort of roughed-in an amorphous shape that would follow the line and roughly describe the character's action. Then I overlaid the character details on top of that mess.

It's off-model and wrong-looking, but I feel it's pointing me in the right direction. Previously, I was kind of doing it backwards and ended up all stiff and still off-model. Looks like I'll have a long Labor Day weekend to play with this theory.

Have a good one, folks! See you on Tuesday...

5 Comments:

At Fri Sep 01, 12:39:00 AM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

Wow Craig, you really touched a nerve with Sandra! What the hell did you say to her??! I can't remember the last time I had 14 comments but I never wanted it to happen like that. Yes, I live. Only for work, never for play; dull by night and dead by day. I'm still drawing in the brief intervals I'm allowed & yea ye shall see the crummy doodles soon. I also plan to post some pages from a book I'm reading, all to do with Line of Action, that may be helpful. I like what I'm seeing here, except when your creations start making personal attacks on your person. I've said it before, but there's something about your characterizations and captions that makes me giggle like nutty Aunt Nelly in a poison ivy patch.
OK, well we don't want this to turn into a novel (do we?) but please come on over to my neck of the woods for a chocolatey whole grain corn fed spooky-fun drawing contest! won't you?

 
At Mon Sep 04, 06:12:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

bardhol! Good to hear from you! Sorry to hear about your Aunt Nelly's poison ivy - here's to a quick recovery.

Your Count Chocula musings have touched a nerve, m'boy. I'll submit my ideas once the holiday weekend blackout is over.

And, of course, any L.O.A. assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Hand by your thumbs! Write if you get work!

Craig

 
At Wed Sep 13, 01:05:00 PM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

Aunt Nelly? She's fine
Why, indeed, she don't mind
When she's in the p.i.
Anymore than you or I would
Walking in the Hundred Acre Wood
Or Mister Roger's Neighborhood
As a matter of fact,
She's good.. as a matter of fact
-- good and cracked.

 
At Wed Sep 13, 01:13:00 PM 2006, Blogger bardhol said...

Oh, yeah: a friend of mine used to use that Bob & Ray tag line whenever we would leave off visiting, and I've never heard anyone else use it. He also regularly refers to himself as the cap'n, which again is relatively unusual. Stranger things have happened, I guess!

 
At Sun Nov 20, 04:51:00 PM 2022, Anonymous Duct Cleaners Toms River said...

Thanks for wrriting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home