The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Jerky Circles

As mentioned, above, I had skipped the very most firstest part of the Preston Blair Book exercise #1. This is where you draw a circle, turn it into a sphere and then turn it into a cute li'l bear. Gues what? Drawing a decent circle is just as tough as drawing a decent oval! I actually traced the first row of circles just to see what it "feels" like. Here 'tis...


Here's something I found out by tracing... The "final" bear head doesn't seem to conform to the spherical skeleton construction tha preceeded it! The snout and general tilt of the head gives it away. I'll keep trying to perfect this section and then re-vist the oval section. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home