The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Li'l Non-Entity... IN COLOR!

Yep, my daughter & I had the ol' watercolors fired up on Friday. This is what I ended up with before her attention span crumbled. I also doodled out some more pencil doodles. As you can see I had varying degrees of results...
That one with the "cats eyes" really creeps me out!


May 15, 2006 I created this blog to post my first cartooning lesson from the PRESTON BLAIR book. You see, noted cartoon animator guy, JOHN KRICFALUSI had started his blog and was posting on-line drawing lessons, based on the book. An on-line community of eager bloggers sprung up and we attacked the lessons with much gusto. Many of us were committed to near-daily postings of our results (I hesitate to call it "progress!")

Well, it is a year later. My actual cartooning lessons pretty much derailed at the end of November, but for some reason I keep posting.

I guess it's what's called "inertia."

Anyhoo - happy birthday to my blog and thanks to everyone for their visits, comments, support and inspiration!

5 Comments:

At Wed May 16, 09:11:00 AM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can stop now, 'K?

 
At Thu May 17, 07:54:00 AM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who posts occassionaly... and I love to see your creations! Keep it up!

 
At Thu May 17, 04:25:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

You are really improving!

 
At Fri May 25, 11:51:00 AM 2007, Blogger bardhol said...

YYYYrrrrGGGgggAAAAaaaaAAAAAAA!!!!!
<---(me breaking away from a fiendish and unrelenting amount of work, much akin to the prison break sequence in "Raising Arizona")..Congratulations, sir! Strange fruit has hatched from those eggs of yesteryear-- Strange and delicious! Keep drawing and keep blogging, it looks as if the toons are tumbling out with relative ease these days. i'll be back on the scene someday and i will need *some one* to visit my blog ;) . Well, the taskmaster beckons and i must return to the toils of Hades. Later!

 
At Tue May 29, 07:58:00 AM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

Bless each and every one of youse!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home