The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Makin' Faces


I thought I'd take a really generic cartoon guy and attempt to draw a variety of "wacky expressions." My goal was to avoid "stock" expressions. Now, I realise these are just full-on frontal views and not very exciting, but I didn't want to over-complicate what I was doing. This was fun and I look forward to building on this.

4 Comments:

At Wed May 02, 07:15:00 AM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a super fun exercise! Well done!

(I, on the other hand, am still struggling with working from model sheets!)

 
At Wed May 02, 03:54:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Great range of expressions Craig, and well executed too.

 
At Thu May 03, 09:52:00 PM 2007, Blogger Kevin Langley said...

Nice job Craig. The one smiling on the bottom right hand corner is awesome. That mouth makes the drawing. Keep 'em coming.

 
At Fri May 04, 08:50:00 PM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

Thanks, guys. I hope to have some more to post come Monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home