The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Mo' Faces

I kept my pencil busy doodling out more of these non-entities. John Kricfalusi indicated that he tries to never draw the same expression twice. This is an admirable goal and I have a teeny-tiny taste of how hard it is to do it, now.
(The idea is that most cartoon characters have a very limited palette of facial expressions and they are usually drawn with most generic, schematic representations of a basic face. that is, there's a single "happy face, a single "mad" face, a single "sad" face, etc.)


Oh well, at least I'm not inflicting more of those magic-marker father-daughter doodles on you kind folks. THE HELL I'M NOT!!!

Sorry, but Mariel is in a hard-core "Lady and the Tramp" phase right now. I'm not complaining, though. "My Little Pony" and her crew are really tough to sit through, lemme tell ya!

2 Comments:

At Mon May 07, 12:53:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

You are so good with the faces! And as usuall it is always nice to see the Daddy/Daughter collaborations.

 
At Wed May 09, 07:09:00 AM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! What a great way to stretch creativity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home