The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Oh, Fudd!

This page kinda falls half-way between being an actual "lesson" attempt and another "father-daughter doodle."

Mariel's been hooked on the cartoon "Harebrained Hypnotist" for the last week or so. During one of the many showings, I tried to do some quick sketches of Elmer Fudd. Elmer's appearance changes drastically from cartoon-to-cartoon and from director-to-director. This is a Friz Freleng version. Maybe I'll try to capture a Chuck Jones and /or Bob Clampett design from the same period next. Or maybe not.

There's a family medical emergency exploding as I write this, so I may not be drawing and posting too much for the next few weeks. We'll see...

1 Comments:

At Tue Mar 20, 12:54:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I like the surprised face best. I also like Chuck Jones best as far as Bugs Bunny cartoons go. The best ones were made under his watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home