The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Look, Ma! No Hands!

It was a very "parenting-intensive" weekend. This means while there was little time for actual Preston Blair hand-drawing, there were many opportunities for Father-daughter doodling.

First up, are some pretty cool doodles from Mariel. Going left-to-right, we have a stream of bubbles, a cartoon character wearing a hat and a balloon! Awesome; my daughter, the cartoonist!
We also worked in a watercolor session. I tried to make a Winnie The Pooh, but it turned out kinda mutant. Inset are a couple of doodles I colored in with texthighlighters.

No big whoop. With any luck, I can get back to trying my hand at some more hands. Maybe they'll turn out handsome? Well, you gotta hand it to me for trying...

2 Comments:

At Mon Jun 18, 08:03:00 AM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific work! (By father and daughter alike!)

 
At Mon Jun 18, 03:35:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I love the Daddy Daughter posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home