The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, March 05, 2007

More Father-Daughter Artwork

We pulled out a set of "washable" color markers the other day and had at it on some "shirt cardboard" as they use to call it:


Turns out they were "washable" in that if you washed them, there was no worry about the colors fading. My daughter drew all over her hand, which is how I found this out.


Then it was on to the water colors:



This is my attempt to paint "Ruff Ruffman" the host of "Fetch!" on PBS. I don't know how accurate it is, but Mariel recognized who it was supposed to be.

3 Comments:

At Mon Mar 05, 04:54:00 PM 2007, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I enjoy your Daddy/Daughter drawings so much. Ruff looks pretty good to me but then I have never seen his character before now. Whether or not he does resemble the character you have very good watercolor technique.

 
At Mon Mar 05, 09:28:00 PM 2007, Blogger Kevin Langley said...

I agree, Ruff looks great. I love the colors. Nice stuff Craig.

 
At Tue Mar 06, 05:21:00 PM 2007, Blogger Craig D said...

Thanks for the kudos, guys. That Ruffman painting seems to exhibit those "pee and poo" colors that John K was discussing some time back. It's kind of fun to try something that isn't simply pencil on copy paper for a change...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home