The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Action and Inaction


Here are a couple more line-of-action "roughs" plus a more "finished" version of a previous pose. Wish I'da done more this weekend, but it just wasn't in the cards.

In the interest of flooding the internet with useless crap and eating up bandwidth, I am including some doodling I did while sitting around the airport waiting, waiting, waiting. There are a few botched line of action poses (the cat picking up an object) plus some attempts at drawing different facial expression and such. Meh.

2 Comments:

At Mon Aug 21, 11:19:00 AM 2006, Blogger G.A.D. said...

Good Job, even I had trouble drawing the cat with the bats so I just gave up on those. I also like those doodles, the Dora ones are funny and I like how you experimented with the line of action.

 
At Mon Aug 21, 11:39:00 AM 2006, Blogger Craig D said...

Hey, thanks, Gabe.

My daughter is in a Dora phase right now, so I had to make an attempt to learn how to draw her. Dora is such a "cookie-cutter" character, I thought I'd try drawing different expressions that would never be used by the licensed owners. I might try this some more with other "non-expressive" characters. It's kinda fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home