The Man from E.G.G.

A place to put my time-wasting doodles, based upon the exercises outlined in the "How To Draw Animated Cartoons" book by Preston Blair.

Wednesday, June 08, 2022

My First Custom (In Forever...).

 Littlest Pet Shop has been a huge staple of my childhood since I was 6. I become attached to these little plastic pets when I got my first set of "pet pairs" in Wal-Mart circa 2009. Later in the year was when I would find out that I needed eartubes and had to undergo surgery. Before I made my way to the hospital, I got another set of pet pairs as a "get well" gift. After a few sets, I took a break from LPS for a good three years.

That is, until my late grandpa sent me a huge bag of LPS that he found at a yard sale. That's when I became even more hooked and starting making up my own little screenplays with these critters. And it amazed me even more when I found out other people have done the same thing and posted their stories to the internet! 

Everyone and their LPS or real pets have heard of this series by now...

Well, I decided to customize a badly damaged pet from my childhood. 

She was covered in black sharpee and green watercolor paint. So why not give this little girlie a makeover? So I whipped out my painting supplies and got to work. 
Gotta protect the peepers!

This kitty is meant to serve as a child version of the shorthair on the left. I took the liberty of covering her eyes with some blue painter's tape that mom had in our "junk drawer" in the kitchen. After breakfast, it was paint time. 

Two coats in.

Coat #3!

And here she is after peeling the tape off!

I'll admit, the tape didn't work as many wonders as I had hoped. Likely because I'm what most people would call a "noob" with customizing these things. But after finishing some details on the nose and inner ears, I realized that I didn't have any black paint left! Guess we might need to take a trip to Michaels this weekend if possible... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home